Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Day 2



Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 5:12 AM
To: wwo@worldwithoutoil.org
Subject: Day 2


North Carolina 5/1 7:53 am

The news this morning isn't good. It doesn't look like gas prices are going down anytime soon.

There are reports of fights at gas stations due to long lines and short tempers. I went out and filled up our second car at midnight last night and a couple gas cans I picked up at lowes. There was only a short line. Everyone looked wary..

I was talking to some old timers at work, this reminded them of the gas shortages in the 70's, when OPEC flexed their muscle. All I remember is long lines at the gas stations and odd and even days to fill up the car.

Luckily, I can work from home some days.

I went and stocked up on some extra batteries, and food as well as some colman gas for the camping stove. I'm going to continue to stock up. If nothing else, I expect prices for everything to keep on rising.

The message boards I read are rife with speculation on what caused this and what will happen. We all agree it looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.

No comments: