Friday, May 25, 2007

Gas is expensive?


Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 5:44 AM
To: wwo@worldwithoutoil.org
Subject: Gas is expensive?


Hello,
I am an American living in France. I just did some quick math, and it seems to me that the problem in America is not high gas prices. Here in France I paid the equivalent of $6.40 per gallon the last time I filled my Ford Fiesta (note the size of the car). Yes, that's more than it used to cost me - but we have alternatives here: reliable, frequent public transportation, both in the city and between cities, employer subsidies for people who use them, and of course denser cities in the first place (so you can walk places).
Maybe the real problem is fuel efficiency, urban design and the belief in one's constitutional right to drive cars?
Good luck with your project. -Fr Am

=======================================================

No comments: